Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day of the Dead & Halloween: Unit of Study / Unidad de Estudio: Día de Muertos y Halloween



As you know, I love cross-curricular activities and I am super stoked to use this Unit of Study in a few days with my class!!!

As a tradition, we are having our yearly One Great Day of Reading this Thursday October 31st at our school in order to dedicate  a full day to Reading activities with the students.

I have created a unit of study of Halloween & The Day of the Dead for my 4th graders. Since these traditions are celebrated back to back, I would love the students to compare and contrast both holidays while having fun at it.

You can either go for a two-week period of teaching, or a week, or even a day! It is really flexible depending on how much time you want to dedicate to it.

I will have the students take turns in passing the information cards around as they are being read in their groups. Then, the students will fill in the charts and finally they will solve the word search to work on vocabulary.


Here is the link for the unit of study in English: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Day-of-the-Dead-Halloween-Unit-938714

And here it is in Spanish: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Unidad-de-Estudio-del-Dia-de-Muertos-y-Halloween-951192

Activities such as: information cards for both traditions, Know-Want to know - Learned charts, Venn Diagram, Word Search of vocabulary and vocabulary cards are included in the packet.  Go get it now that it is on SALE!!!

I hope you enjoy the unit of study! And I promise pictures on Friday after I have implemented it! Let me know how it goes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment